Hot on the heels of the extremely popular D800, Nikon have released a brand new entry level 3200 with some amazing features.
I think we can’t go past the fact that this is an entry level dSLR that will have a brand new CMOS 24.2mp image sensor. It also has the same EXPEED 3 image processing engine which is built into the D4 and D800. Also it features Wireless Connectivity! No longer will people need to use Eye-Fi cards for wireless tethering, and apparently you’ll be able to use a Smartphone to control your camera. Timelapse anyone?
The main features and specs:
- 24.2 million pixels
- A new DX-format CMOS image sensor
- EXPEED 3 image processor
- ISO 100 – 6400 (H1: 12,800)
- Wireless Connectivity
- Some sort of special noise reduction processing designed especially for movies
- More in camera tutorials. Probably one of the most interesting and most useful features for any beginner photographer
- 3″ 921K LCD screen
- Full 180p HD with auto-focus and variable frame rates
- In camera viewing and editing of movies. Will feature things like clip trimming.
- Support for external stereo microphone.
I think the biggest thing is this WU-1a wireless connectivity. So far the smartphone compatibility is only with Android devices however support for iOS has been scheduled. Oh and who could forget it will also come in an awesome red colour 🙂
Hey Canon what have you got planned?