FujiFilm Australia have released the Specifications for the X-E1. So here they are.
- Number of effective pixels: 16.3 million pixels
- File format: JPEG, RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Lens Mounts: FUJIFILM X mount
- Movie Format: H.264 (MOV) with Stereo sound
- Sensitivity: Equivalent to ISO 200 – 6400 (Standard Output Sensitivity) AUTO mode : AUTO (400) / AUTO (800) AUTO (1600) / AUTO (3200) / AUTO (6400) Extended output sensitivity equivalent ISO 100, 12800 and 25600
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure
- Exposure compensation: -2.0EV ~ +2.0EV, increment with 1/3EV step
- Shutter control: Focal Plane Shutter
- Shutter speed (with mechanical shutter): (P mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/4000 sec., (All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec. Bulb (max.60min.) Time 1/2 to 30 sec Synchronized Shutter speed for flash : 1/180 sec or slower *1/180 sec. can be automatically set at some shooting conditions in P mode or A mode.
- Continuous shooting: Max 6 / 3 fps selectable
- Auto bracketing: AE Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV) Film Simulation Bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable) Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%) ISO Sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
- Focus: Single AF / Continuous AF / MF Distance Indicator, TTL contrast AF, AF assist illuminator available, Area (EVF/LCD: 49 areas with 7×7) / Multi *changeable size of AF frame: among 5 types
- White Balance: Automatic scene recognition, Custom, Color temperature selection (K) Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater
- Viewfinder: 0.5-in., Approx. 2,360,000-dot OLED color viewfinder Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: Approx. 100% Eye point: Approx. 23mm Diopter adjustment: -4m-1 to +2m-1 Built-in eye sensor
- LCD monitor: 2.8-in, Approx. 460,000-dot, TFT color LCD monitor (Approx. 100% coverage)
- Movie recording: 1920 × 1080 pixels, 1280 × 720 pixels (24 frames / sec.) with stereo sound (Individual movies cannot exceed 29 minutes in length.)
- Photography Functions: Select custom setting, Motion panorama, Color space, Color (Saturation), sharpness, Dynamic range, Film simulation, Gradation, Auto red-eye removal (by face detection function), Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Preview depth of focus, Focus check, Electronic level, Multiple exposure, Fn button setting (RAW, Movie, etc.), Face detection.
- Power supply: NP-W126 Li-ion battery (350 shots)
- Terminals: USB 2.0 High Speed, HDMI mini connector, 2.5mm, stereo mini connector
- Dimensions: 129 (W) mm x 74.9 (H) mm x 38.3 (D) mm / 5.1 in. (W) x 2.9 in. (H) x 1.5 in. (D) (Minimum depth: 30.9mm / 1.2in.)
- Flash: Manual pop-up flash (Auto flash) Guide number: Approx. 7 (ISO200.m)
It seems it will come with the XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LMOIS lens. Which is a compact zoom with bright f/2.8 aperture and up to 4 stops of image stabilization.
So what are your thoughts, is this something you would look at? I personally can’t wait to take on for a spin.