Now chances are you are going to say “what the hell is a Rokinon?”. First of all it isn’t a Zeiss! It comes from South Korea and is made of a tough plastic body. The funny thing is that this lens even without a metal body is often considered somewhere between Canon and Zeiss’ glass.
One thing that will be a bit of a turn off for new players is this is a completely manual focus lens and it has a aperture ring. Which means the entire lens is manual focus. Probably not the best choice for wedding photographers but for portrait photographers it really wouldn’t make too much different.
The all important image quality and sharpness. Wide open it’s super sharp. I’ll right that again, Wide open it’s super sharp, as you stop down it just gets sharper! It’s known for it’s skin tone rendering, colours are a little muted and less punchy yet there is good contrast.
The 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical Lens for Canon from Rokinon gives you a medium telephoto field of view that’s ideal for portraits. With hybrid aspherical lenses and multi-layer coating, you will produce sharply defined images with a minimum of flare and ghosting. The 85mm lens focuses as close as 3.3′ (1.0 m) from the lens, and includes a lens hood. This lens is designed for use with full-frame film and digital cameras, and may also be used with cameras with APS-C sized sensors.
- Bright f/1.4 medium telephoto portrait lens
- Lens is constructed with hybrid aspherical elements for outstanding, sharply defined images
- Lens features super multi-layer coating to reduce flare and ghost images
- Lens has a minimum focusing distance of 3.3′ (1.0 m) for enhanced portrait shots
- Designed for use with full-frame cameras, and may also be used with APS-C cameras
- Removable lens hood included
~ B&H Photo Product Page
By purchasing this lens through the above link you are supporting RAW. Thank you!