The Olympus OMD EM-5 has been extremely successful for Olympus. It’s toppled cameras like the Nikon D800 to take out the best camera of the year and it’s turned into a staple for photographers around the world. It was only a matter of time before a new version would be released.
Those with the current OMD EM-5 and those that have resisted the urge to purchase the OMD (like myself) will be watching this as it progresses however here is the rumoured spec list.
- New DSLR type grip
- 16MP sensor
- 81 AF target points
- 10 fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Flash sync speed: 1/320s
- ISO range: 200-25600
- Shutter speed: 1/8000s-60s
- 3″ tiltable TFT LCD touch screen
- EVF with 2,360,000 pixels
- Micro Four Thirds mount only (not a hybrid mount)
- Weight: 430g | 0.9Ib
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 122mm × 68mm × 37mm | 4.8″ × 2.7″ × 1.5″
It’s not much but it’s something to wet your appetite.
Source(s): Photo Rumors