Well this came out of left field. Rumours started picking up last week about a retro styled full framed mirrorless camera from Nikon. However as these rumours have been developing it seems it will have a mirror after all.
It’s a strange move by Nikon, obviously they have seen that people are loving the retro styling, and when the first rumors started to fly everyone thought it would be a new FF mirrorless camera in answer to Sony’s A7/A7r however it seems that is not the case.
Currents rumoured specs are:
- Standard F-Mount
- Pentaprism viewfinder
- The camera will meter even with non-AI lenses down to full aperture
- The camera will shop with a new special edition Nikor mm f/1.8G lens to match the look and design of the body
- The camera will have physical controls and excellent build quality
- The same sensor as in the Nikon D4
- Nikon calls it a “hybrid” camera??
- Announcement most likely will take place in a couple of weeks.
As you can see with the pentaprism viewfinder it will have to have a mirror, so why are they calling it a “hybrid” camera?