Max Participants: 20
Location: Ze Photography Studio, 8/35 Biscayne Way, Jandakot W.A. (Get Directions)
Date: Saturday 13th of July 2013 Date changed!!
Length: 1 day (10:30am – 4:30pm)
I’m teaming up with Award Winning Perth based wedding photographer Ze Weng Wong who has over 14 years 8 of those years as a wedding photographer. Ze runs and owns the studio Ze Photography.
Are you just starting out in the world of wedding photography? What do you do after you have shot the wedding? Ze and I will show you how to efficiently catalog, select, edit and then design an album ready for print.
We’ll delve deep in to the post-production workflow that Ze uses, that has helped him to become an extremely successful wedding photographer.
This is not a seminar but a complete hands on experience. We’ll be working with real images from a real wedding. You’ll get to see two completely different styles of editing. Ze and I will be editing the same files and explain the thought processes behind our techniques. Once we have done that it will be over to you. You’ll have time to edit your own files or the example set that we have available, practising everything that we have discussed throughout the workshop. At the end of it you’ll end up with a professionally designed wedding album that you’ve created yourself. You’ll also have a working sales process and strategy to upsell albums and prints.
What you’ll learn
- You’ve finished shooting the wedding, now it’s time to download and organise those images
- File storage strategies
- Setting up lightroom, Preferences and Catalogue settings
- Creating a new Job catalogue in Lightroom
- Batch Import settings
- Importing files into new job catalogue
- What to look for in selecting the right images
- 1st round image selection, sorting and organising
- Image editing and post processing
- Editing in Library module & Develop module
- The Histogram is your friend.
- Real life wedding edit by Ze. Using various tools within Lightroom from noise reduction through to adjustment brushes.
- Export settings
- Page setups and Print settings within the Print module
- Preparing an Album spread in CS6
- Selecting the right images for use in an album
- How to pre-plan and conceptualise album design
- Organising images and pages
- Designing the album theme
- Proofing images with Bridge
- How to conduct the Consulting and viewing sessions
- A working sales process and mindset to prepare the album and upsell.
What you’ll need to bring
- A laptop for editing
- Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6. If you don’t have these we will have an install disk on hand so you can install a 30 day free trial to use during the workshop. Or you can download the installers yourself from Adobe.
- Your own wedding images. We will have an example set available to use however if you want to get some “on the job” advice for your own images and style please bring some of your work.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me.