Instructors: Tristan Jud & Seng Mah
Dates: August 18th 2013 10:00am till 4:30pm
Cost: $330 inc GST (light lunch and model included)
Maximum participants: 12
NOTE: You can still do this workshop if you only have Lightroom 4. The differences between Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 5 aren’t major.
This class will help you master Lightroom 5 and all it has to offer. Discover the highly acclaimed post-processing and digital workflow tools and how it can improve your workflow.” (I think most ppl associate LR with post production)
Unlike other Lightroom courses, you will be shooting the photos you work on in this workshop. We’ll start the day with a landscape and portrait shoot with Seng from Venture Photography Workshops will provide the knowledge, it’s the perfect opportunity to hone your skills learns some extra tricks that will make all the difference to your shooting style. The shoots will be focused around exposure and lighting. How to assess the light in the scene and shoot with the view of processing the images in Lightroom.
Then we head into the class room where Tristan will show you all there is to know about importing and cataloguing your images. This is not a seminar, it will be hands on experience where you will be importing and organising your images from the mornings shoots. You will learn how to set up presets and make the process faster in the future.
Then we move onto easily and quickly selecting the “keepers”. Those images that are worth keeping and working on, and how you can make adjustments and apply those adjustments to an entire set of images.
Finally Tristan will take us through the more advanced editing tools of Lightroom. Showing you how to edit your images getting that professional look from within Lightroom. Tristan will also show the power of creating your own presets which you can use to dramatically decrease your processing time keep true to your processing style.
We’ll be covering everything from lens correction, chromatic aberration removal, noise reduction, highlight recovery, shadow recovery, white balance, advanced portrait effects and advanced landscape processing.
We finish up with the different exporting options and a review of the photos you’ve processed.
What you’ll learn
- Shooting for Raw processing – dealing with issues of dynamic range and making sure you’re capturing all the detail you need for Lightroom post-production.
- Importing your images into Lightroom – backing up, creating catalogues, keywording, meta tagging, applying presets.
- Organising and rating your images in the Library Module – how to easily and quickly select your “keepers” from the images you have shot. Rate your images and create Collections in Lightroom.
- Searching for images by Text, Attributes or Lens Data.
- Developing your Raw image in Lightroom – learn to use the powerful image processing tools in the Develop Module to get that professional look. You’ll also learn how to create your own presets to assist in future image processing.
- Correcting for lens distortion and chromatic aberration in Lightroom.
- Using the power of Sync – discover how to make global enhancements to your Raw images by using Lightroom’s Sync function.
- Creating Virtual Copies for a range of different processing outcomes from the one Raw image file.
- Maximising the use of the Crop, Spot Removal, Red Eye, Graduated Filter and Adjustment Brush tool for targeted adjustment within your Raw image.
- Creating powerful black and white images in Lightroom.
- Using Noise Reduction and Sharpening in Lightroom effectively.
- Split toning your images for creative effects.
- Exporting your images from Lightroom for digital display or printing.
What you will need
- DSLR or similar high-end compact with manual controls (P,A,S and M modes) with the ability to shoot in RAW format.
- SD / CF Card Reader or your cameras USB cable.
- A Laptop with Lightroom 5 installed. (You can get a free 30 day trial from the Adobe website).
- Laptop charger
- Tripod (optional)
- Cable release (optional)
Here are a couple of testimonials.
[quote style=”3″]Hi Tristan
Just wanted to say how fantastic I found your Lightroom workshop.
It was a great day of photography and editing So informative and user friendly for all levels of expertise in Lightroom I am amazed at the knowledge I’ve gained and now put into use when editing my photos.
Some background on me I’ve been a ‘hobby’ photographer for about 12 months and have attended a couple of your workshops.
In January I joined my local camera club, Last month (May) I entered our monthly comp for the 2nd time (You have to enter as a Novice until you gain a set amount of points or get awarded a Gold).
I thought I’d send you my photo I took and edited from your workshop The judge for the night was AUSTRALIAN LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHER : DYLAN FOX He blew me away with his comments.
This Photo won GOLD in my section ……..WOOHOO
Thanks to you and your workshop my photos now come to life, and I get so many comments from friends and associates
It’s also given me the confidence to show my photos.
Today’s course was brilliant. I was very impressed with the calibre of the models, the quality of the locations and the knowledge imparted regarding Lightroom. (And thanks to Seng and Tristan for their patience in answering all my questions). Not only did I learn the secrets of Lightroom I also picked up a heap of extra tips – from light metering to photo composition techniques to tips for recognizing the better photos.
Here are some Lightroom Before and After edits from the last workshop.
The experience! Behind the Scenes Shots
Well lets face it we get caught up with all the participants and we often forget to shoot lots of cool behind the scene shots, but here are a few.